Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5/26/09

We had a great memorial day weekend. Our visit with KK and Justin was great. They find out friday what sex the baby is. Congratulations to our good friends Kevin and Jennifer! Baby Madison arrived 12 days early on May 24th and is sharing a birthday with her mama! How neat to share a birthday with your child. Alex and I had a great date night saturday. Friday was out anniversary. Date night was much needed and was nice to just get out and have us time. We went to eat and then window shopped at out favorite places. I think one of the best things about our marriage is that we enjoy shopping together and even go to each others store. Such as alex loved places like Staples. They bore me to death but i deal and walk around as long as he walks. We care more about the time together more then anything.

This week has been a slow start to the week. I have been loving the Wii Fit a little too much. Somehow friday working out i hurt my ankle. i rested it all weekend. And yesterday decided to work out again. Big mistake. its all bruised now and swollen. So, today i have wanted to do some cleaning, but have spent the day reading for the most part.

On another note, we have been trying to make a tough decision in our household. One of our cats was diagnosed with a bladder stone back in February. We have not been able to afford surgery. Tried some organic medicines that were suppose to break up the stone. I think our kitty is getting to the point where she is really suffering. She is unfortunately urinating all over the house, is skin and bones and stinks since she has given up grooming. She is even to the point where she is no longer eating. We know the time is probably here to make the choice to have her put down, but it is not easy. I don't want her to suffer any longer. I just have a hard time with the whole concept of putting an animal to sleep. To me it seems cruel in away. But i know it is also cruel letting her continue to suffer. She has been a member of the family for 10 yrs now. This is a decision i have watched my parents make. I know now how tough it must have been for them to put our dog down we had for 15 years. I think this is just one of those things we need to pray for strength for.

Hope everyone is well. Friday is Ethan's last day of Pre-K and then Kindergarden is just ahead!

0 comments: